NCAA Football: Weekend Roundup
Facing Josh Nesbitt and Georgia Tech’s triple-option offense is a tough task for any defense - so imagine how hard it was for North Carolina with 13 players suspended due to the NCAA probe, including several crucial defenders.
Georgia Tech 30, North Carolina 24 Georgia Tech offered underdog value (+2) at Bovada against UNC.
Bettors who picked the Yellow Jackets got a +110 return on the moneyline. They covered the projected total of 50.5 points as well. Georgia Tech hosts N.C. State this weekend, while UNC has a tricky road game at Rutgers.
ADVERTISEMENT: CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S OPENING COLLEGE FOOTBALL ODDS AND FIND EARLY VALUE ON THE POINT SPREAD AT Bovada!
(12) Arkansas 31, Georgia 24 Look out for Ryan Mallett in the Heisman Trophy race. The big Arkansas pivot threw for 380 yards against Georgia and connected on a 40-yard touchdown pass with Greg Childs with just 15 seconds left on the clock. Arkansas’ big road win came with the Razorbacks listed as +3 underdogs. If you picked them, you would’ve been sweating bullets on the final drive. Not only did the late TD cover the spread for Arkansas, it brought the point total to 55 points. Bovada had the over/under at 54. Georgia looks to bounce back at Mississippi State next, while Arkansas has another vicious test on the schedule at home to No. 1 Alabama.
Florida State 34, BYU 10 Christian Ponder was a nightmare against Oklahoma in Week 2, going just 11 for 28 with two interceptions, but he was sharper against Brigham Young. Ponder threw a touchdown pass and ran for a score as well. If you had faith in FSU in your bets, you made some money over the weekend. The Seminoles easily covered the 10-point spread and hit on the -380 moneyline. Since they shut down BYU’s offense, they kept the total under the predicted 60 points.
Week 4 games to watch . . .
(17) Miami (FL) vs. Pittsburgh The Thursday nighter features a handful of exciting players, including Miami quarterback Jacory Harris and stellar Pittsburgh running back Dion Lewis.
(25) Oregon State vs. (3) Boise State Kellen Moore and the Boise State Broncos keep routing teams, so it’s scary that they haven’t even played a home game yet.
(1) Alabama vs. (12) Arkansas Ryan Mallett proved himself to be the real deal in Arkansas’ dramatic win over Georgia but can he repeat that effort against mighty Alabama?
(13) South Carolina vs. (16) Auburn South Carolina had a freebie last week against Furman; now it gets a proper test against the Auburn Tigers, who are fresh off an overtime win.
(21) West Virginia vs. (15) LSU LSU gets home field in this battle of ranked teams but will the Tigers be ready for West Virginia’s offense?