NFL Week 13 Power Rankings
There's a new leader atop the Power Rankings this week as the Chargers have wrestled away the top spot from the Eagles.
With the Chargers owning both the No. 1 offense and the No. 1 defense in the league right now, they could be on top for quite awhile, especially if they maintain their annual second-half resurgence.
1. San Diego (3) – The Chargers' late-season surge is on again after winning four straight both SU and ATS. Upcoming games against Oakland and Kansas City will be key in determining the division.
2. Philadelphia (1) – After a defensive letdown versus Chicago the Eagles posted another OVER and are now 6-1 OVER in their last seven games.
3. NY Giants (2) – The Giants may have returned to the win column last week versus Jacksonville, but they dropped their third in a row ATS.
4. NY Jets (6) - During their current four-game winning streak the Jets are 2-2 ATS and 3-1 over-under.
5. Atlanta (5) – The Falcons are riding a five-game winning streak but are on the road for their next three games. Both of Atlanta's losses this season were on the road.
ADVERTISEMENT: The biggest gap in the power ranks this week is the Giants at #3 vs the Redskins at #29. Yet the spread is only 7 points - is this good value on the Giants? Get the latest odds at Bovada today.
6. Pittsburgh (7) – After barely escaping with a win in Buffalo last week the Steelers dropped to 3-3 ATS on the road this season.
7. New Orleans (4) – The Saints' chances of winning their fifth straight look pretty good this week with Cincinnati on tap.
8. Green Bay (9) – Last week's loss to Atlanta snapped the Packers' four-game winning streak both SU and ATS. Look for a new streak to start with San Francisco and Detroit coming up.
9. Baltimore (8) – The Ravens take on the Steelers at home this week where they are 5-0 SU but only 2-3 ATS on the season.
10. Miami (15) – The Dolphins rebounded from their shutout loss to Chicago by surprising the Raiders in a 33-17 win as 3-point underdogs.
11. Kansas City (13) – After a slow start to the season Dwayne Bowe has 32 catches for 465 yards and seven touchdown in his last three games.
12. Chicago (12) – The Bears' four-game win streak has given them first place in the NFC North. They're also 3-0-1 ATS in those four wins.
13. Tampa Bay (14) – The Buccaneers may have lost to Baltimore last week but they extended their ATS winning streak to five games.
14. Minnesota (16) – The Vikings snapped their nine-game road losing streak last week and they also snapped their five-game ATS losing streak. They are favored again with their best odds at Bovada, along with the best bonus offers.
15. Indianapolis (10) – After losing three of their last four games the Colts need to get back on track with Dallas, Tennessee, and Jacksonville coming up.
16. Oakland (11) – The Raiders' two-game losing streak could stretch on with road games at San Diego and Jacksonville coming up.
17. San Francisco (28) – With three wins in their last four games the 49ers sit only one game back of first place in the awful NFC West.
18. Houston (23) – The Texans snapped their four-game losing streak last week, and more importantly they've covered the spread in back-to-back games.
19. St Louis (18) – After upsetting Denver last week the Rams improved to a league-best 8-3 ATS.
20. New England (21) – During the Patriots' three-game winning streak Tom Brady has passed for 877 yards with nine touchdowns and no interceptions.
21. Cincinnati (19) – The Bengals made it eight losses in a row last week and fell to 1-7 ATS after failing to cover the spread.
22.Detroit (17) – The Lions dropped their third straight ATS last week, but posted their seventh OVER in their last eight games.
23. Dallas (24) – The Cowboys have gone OVER the total in eight straight games and they're 9-2 OVER on the season.
24.Cleveland (22) – After barely defeating Carolina last week the Browns are 0-3 ATS in their last three games.
25. Tennessee (20) – Even though they're 5-6 after losing four straight the Titans are still only a game back of first place in the AFC South with Jacksonville visiting this weekend.
26. Denver (26) – The Broncos' slide continued last week and they're 1-6 SU and ATS in their last seven games.
27. Jacksonville (25) – The Jaguars missed the opportunity to take over first place in the AFC South last week but still won ATS, their fourth in a row.
28. Buffalo (29) – The Bills are gold for bettors right now with a 5-0-1 record ATS in their last six games.
29. Washington (27) – The Redskins have been favored only once this season and they lost that game SU to the Rams 30-16.
30. Carolina (31) – The Panthers dropped their fifth in a row last week, but did manage to snap their four-game ATS losing streak.
31. Seattle (30) – After last week's loss the Seahawks are 1-4 SU and ATS in their last five games, and they've also gone 4-1 over-under.
32. Arizona (32) – The Cardinals have lost six in a row, during which they are 1-5 ATS.
Power rankings are calculated using a special algorithm that includes a combination of offensive stats, defensive stats, and strength of schedule. By the numbers . . .
Team Power SoS Adjusted Power
San Diego 178.22 0.49 86.9
Philadelphia 150.11 0.54 80.52
NY Giants 155.63 0.44 67.92
NY Jets 131.76 0.43 56.63
Atlanta 96.68 0.52 50.34
Pittsburgh 87.14 0.54 46.81
New Orleans 100.9 0.44 44.03
Green Bay 80.72 0.5 40.36
Baltimore 70.56 0.5 34.99
Miami 46.11 0.55 25.53
Kansas City 62.99 0.41 25.51
Chicago 26.6 0.41 10.77
Tampa Bay 16.53 0.47 7.81
Minnesota 11.86 0.55 6.47
Indianapolis 7.27 0.52 3.77
Oakland -7.81 0.47 -4.13
San Francisco -12.99 0.5 -6.55
Houston -20.26 0.54 -9.39
St. Louis -21.11 0.41 -12.39
New England -24.16 0.47 -12.78
Cincinnati -30.63 0.57 -13.17
Detroit -31.62 0.55 -14.37
Dallas -41.23 0.52 -19.86
Cleveland -61.65 0.61 -23.95
Tennessee -65.49 0.5 -32.48
Denver -78.3 0.55 -35.59
Jacksonville -70.97 0.45 -38.71
Buffalo -100.93 0.6 -40.88
Washington -86.93 0.47 -45.84
Carolina -135.14 0.54 -62.78
Seattle -150.32 0.51 -73.79
Arizona -215.62 0.55 -98