The Giants are smarting following a beatdown by the Packers last week, but if the trends are right they should bounce back with a big win against Washington in Week 17.
New York was a 3-point underdog last week against Green Bay but in the end it wasn't even close as the Packers rolled to a 45-17 win. This week the Giants get a rematch against the Redskins after hammering them 31-7 in Week 13 as an 8-point favorite.
In the rematch the Giants are a 3.5-point road favorite at Sportsbook. New York hasn't been great on the road this season at 4-3 SU and ATS, but they've dominated the Redskins in Washington with a four-game winning streak both SU and ATS.
ADVERTISEMENT: The Colts usually tank in Week 17, but this year is different - this time they have all the pressure instead of none - the best Colts line will probably be found at Sportsbook (where you'll also find a nice bonus)!
Overall the Giants have won five straight and eight of their last nine versus Washington. The Giants have also been paying bettors with regularity in the final game of the regular season with a 5-1 record ATS in their last six Week 17 games.
Totals bettors should also keep an eye on the trends for this game. The Giants are 9-2 on the OVER in their last 11 Week 17 games, and the OVER in 7-2 in the Giants' last nine trips to Washington.
The Rams and Seahawks meet up in Seattle this week with the Sportsbook headed to the playoffs, and if the trends hold then St. Louis fans may go home disappointed.
The Rams did rip the Seahawks 20-3 as a 2-point home underdog back in Week 4, but the big difference was that game was played in St. Louis. Before that Week 4 loss the Seahawks had won 10 straight against the Rams while going 8-2 ATS.
At home the Seahawks have won their last five against the Rams while going 4-1 ATS. Also worth noting is that five of the Rams' eight losses this season have come on the road.
If you're looking for a possible ATS upset this weekend the trends recommend San Diego at Denver, where the Chargers are a 3.5-point road favorite.
The Chargers have been a horrid road team this season with a 2-5 record SU and ATS away from home. In all five of those losses the Chargers were favored to win. Last week the Chargers lost their first road game in the month of December since 2005. The Chargers' 34-20 loss to Cincinnati as a 9-point favorite snapped the team's 10-game road winning streak in December.
San Diego has a tidy 7-2 SU record and 7-1-1 ATS mark in their last nine against the Broncos, but their numbers are nowhere near as impressive in Denver. In the Chargers' last 10 games at Denver they are only 3-7 SU and 4-3-3 ATS. In their last 15 at Denver the Chargers have only four wins while going 5-6-4 ATS.
The Broncos upset the Texans at home last week as a 2-point underdog to snap a five-game losing streak. Both Denver and San Diego are out of the postseason and have nothing to play for this week, but Broncos QB Tim Tebow still has something to prove if he wants to ensure he keeps the team's starting job next season.
Week 17 Trends (courtesy of Sportsbook, home of the 140% bonus offer and free weekly contests)!
- Atlanta is 15-5 OVER in their last 20 Week 17 games
- Arizona is 6-1 ATS past 7 season-ending games
- Baltimore is 10-2 OVER in their last 12 Week 17 games.
- Buffalo is 12-2 OVER in past 14 season-ending matches
- Carolina is 7-1 ATS past 8 Week 17 games
- Chicago is 2-6 ATS past 8 Week 17 games
- Cincinnati is OVER is 5-1 past 6 season-ending games on road
- Cleveland is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 Week 17 games
- Dallas is 2-8 ATS past 10 Week 17 games
- Denver is 9-1 OVER in their last 10 Week 17 games
- Detroit is 8-0 OVER in their last 8 Week 17 games
- Green Bay is 5-1-1 ATS past 7 season-ending games
- Indianapolis is 3-14 ATS in their last 17 Week 17 games
- Jacksonville played 5 straight season-ending OVERs (0-4 ATS)
- Miami is 9-1 OVER in their last 10 Week 17 games
- Minnesota is 2-8 ATS past 10 season-ending games
- New England is 9-2 ATS past 11 season-ending games
- New Orleans played 5 straight season-ending OVERs
- New Orleans is 2-11 ATS past 13 season-ending games
- NY Giants is 5-1 ATS past 6 Week 17 matches
- NY Giants OVER is 9-2 past 11 season-ending games
- NY Jets are OVER is 8-2 past 10 season-ending games
- Pittsburgh is OVER is 10-2 past 12 season-ending games
- Seattle is OVER is 12-4 past 16 season-ending games
- St Louis is 7-3 ATS past 10 season-ending games
- Tampa Bay is 1-6 ATS past 7 season ending games
- Tennessee is OVER is 8-3 past 11 season ending games
- Washington is OVER is 9-1 past 10 season ending games