- When the game is this big, you can't have just a single bet on the game. See the dozens of ways to bet on the Super Bowl.
Super Bowl National Anthem Prop Odds
From Barry Manilow to Garth Brooks, the Dixie Chicks to Renee Fleming, over the years The Star-Spangled Banner has been performed at the Super Bowl by a wide range of artists covering all musical genres.
Broadway and Frozen star Idina Menzel will sing the national anthem at Super Bowl 49, and online sportsbook Bovada has set the OVER/UNDER for her rendition of the song at 2 minutes, 1 second, with the OVER priced at -130 and the UNDER priced at -110 on that prop wager.
For comparison, opera star Renee Fleming belted out the national anthem before Super Bowl 48 in just one minute, 54 seconds, well UNDER the total time set in props betting at sportsbook Bovada which hovered around two minutes, 20 seconds in the days leading up to the big game.
For those counting at home and trying to figure out anthem trends, the UNDER is 6-2 over the past eight Super Bowls.
Fleming’s performance fell right in line with the average length of the anthem over the last nine Super Bowls, which is just over one minute, 56 seconds. After a string of pop divas and former American Idol contestants, including Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks and Kelly Clarkson, Fleming was the first opera star to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl.
Alicia Keys’ two-minute, 35-second rendition prior to Super Bowl 47 was the longest of any singer since at least Super Bowl 40, with Billy Joel spouting out the shortest version at only 1:30 in Super Bowl 41.
Four years ago, pop singer Christina Aguilera flubbed some of the lyrics and caused a betting controversy with her one-minute, 54-second rendition, which landed right around the OVER/UNDER number. Some books paid out on the OVER; others paid on the UNDER.
For Super Bowl 49 Bovada is also offering a prop on whether Menzel will forget or omit at least one word of the anthem, with No the -600 favorite and Yes the +400 underdog on those betting lines.
Over the last nine years the total has finished UNDER in four of the six Super Bowls where The Star-Spangled Banner has been performed in less than two minutes, while the AFC team is a perfect 3-0 SU in the last three Super Bowls in which the national anthem was performed in more than two minutes.
Super Bowl 49 National Anthem Prop Bets at Bovada
How long will it take Idina Menzel to sign the US National Anthem?
- Over 2 minutes 1 second -130 - WINNER
- Under 2 minutes 1 second -110
Will Idina Menzel forget or omit at least one word of the official US National Anthem?
- Yes +400
- No -600 - WINNER
Super Bowl Anthem Length Results
- Super Bowl 40 – Aaron Neville & Aretha Franklin 2:08
- Super Bowl 41 – Billy Joel 1:30
- Super Bowl 42 – Jordin Sparks 1:54
- Super Bowl 43 – Jennifer Hudson 2:10
- Super Bowl 44 – Carrie Underwood 1:47
- Super Bowl 45 – Christina Aguilera 1:54
- Super Bowl 46 – Kelly Clarkson 1:34
- Super Bowl 47 – Alicia Keys 2:35
- Super Bowl 48 – Renee Fleming 1:54
- Super Bowl 49 – Idina Menzel 2:04
- Betting recaps, boxscores and play by play accounts for every game in Super Bowl history, all with a betting slant.
– Looking to know how recent Super Bowl matchups went down and what predictions make sense this year? Check it out in our picks article.
- So your team made it, now you need to make it to the Super Bowl. Where are the best Super Bowl tickets to be found?
– Stay updated with the current odds to win the Super Bowl. We have the most up to date odds to help you bet on the Super Bowl.
– From betting the Super Bowl coin toss, to the national anthem to the Gatorade shower, the most popular Super Bowl props for fans.